This has been a post I want to do for a while. The past 3 weeks I have had the worst writer’s block due to how bad my anxiety has been but I’m here to write it and it’s here for you guys to read it so let’s go ahead and jump into it. Here are 5 things I wish I knew before I started blogging.
1. Do not buy all the fancy stuff right away.
You are just starting your blog. You don’t need all the fancy memberships when you’re just starting out. So invest in the stuff slowly.
2. Social media is your best friend.I’m really bad at my social media. Especially my Instagram. But when you are a blogger these are your biggest way of marketing your blog. And it’s free. Especially Twitter is really good. You’ll find a lot of threads of new bloggers to get your blog out there.
3. Don’t put a post out every single day.
When I first started my blog I was posting 7 days a week. No one was reading my post because I was just starting out. I was putting out 7 posts a week. I got burned out too quickly, I was running out of ideas, and it was just not good. Take your time and find the perfect schedule for you and your blog!
4. Monetization is super confusing
.In June my blog will be 5 years old. And I am still working on monetization. It is beyond confusing and I don’t know what to do. I wish I would have done more research on this before starting my blog. And if you guys have any tips if you monetize your blog please let me know them.
5. It’s okay if no one visits your blog or your views are low.
This is something I still struggle with today. Tara days when I don’t get a lot of views and again today it’s fine. I’ve done all I can with marketing and getting out there and it’s okay if I have a slow day. Cause the people who do see it is amazing and I know they loved it and that’s all that matters.
I hope you enjoy this blog post. Let me know in the comments down below what was one thing You wish you knew before you started your blog? As always guys I love you so much, thank you for everything you do, and I’ll see you in the next post!